Most contemporary vehicles are equipped with a rear view back up camera. This makes hooking up your boat trailer easier. New trucks are also costly. If you’re like me, you take care of your equipment and major purchases. I own a 10-year-old Dodge Ram. It runs excellent and is still looking good. So, for now, I’m sticking with this ride, no new debt, please. This truck isn’t equipped with a backup camera.
I don’t know about you, but when I’m alone, hitching up my boat trailer some days, I nail it right away. And then there are those days when it seems like it takes way too many time-consuming attempts. Back and forth, in and out of the truck cab, over and over… The solution, an iBall system by Aqua Vu.
The iBall system is comprised of a rechargeable lithium ion battery operated camera, and a monitor powered by a 12 volt cigarette lighter port. The camera is mounted on an adjustable mount with a magnet that securely attaches to your trailer hitch. The charging cable fits a USB port. With the right adapters, you can charge the camera from an electrical outlet or your vehicle.
The adjustable bracket features a magnetic base making finding the perfect viewing angle easy.
- 5.8GHz Wireless Frequency
- Up to 100’ Transmission Distance (without obstruction)
- Durable & Weather Resistant = Outstanding Performance Anywhere, Anytime.
- Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery (w/Included USB Charging Cable)
- Magnetic Mounting (NO Drilling Required)
- 120° Field of View Ensures Optimal Visibility
- IR Lighting system with on/off
- 3.5” Color LCD Monitor Provides Crystal Clear Viewing
- 12v Auxiliary Power Supply
- 6” Adjustable Gooseneck For Easy Adjustment
The iBall, in my opinion, is pricey at $169.95 (free U.S. shipping). I’ve been using the iBall since the beginning of the year. It has dramatically reduced the amount of time I spend hitching my trailer. The equipment works well, and the manufacturing quality stands out. So for me, I’m happy with the purchase, and I don’t have to commit to buying a new truck, making the iBall price easy to accept.
You can obtain an iBall and learn about other Aqua Vu camera and light products at http://www.aquavu.com/Products